Linksys WRT 54GC
The C is for Craptastical
Standards: 802.3, 802.3u, 802.11g, 802.11b
* Internet: 10/100 RJ-45 * LAN: Four 10/100 RJ-45 Switched
- Power Port (Power supply is 3.3V 2 Amp / Takes 100-240 50-60hz)
- One SMA Port (actually Reverse SMA)
- One Reset Button
LEDs: Power, Internet, Wireless, Ethernet (1,2,3,4)
Dimensions: 3.86" x 3.86" x .98" (98mm x 98mm x 25mm)
It's a squeeze and pull with one screw located under the rubber foot to the left of the FCC-ID
Here's a bad phone camera picture (hosted on iMob) to give you an idea of how small this is. Better pictures soon.
Note the flip-out reverse SMA connector. The red and black wires are connected to a switch to turn on the external antenna.
High Res Pictures.
Here's a shot with the heatsink off.
Back - What are the connectors for ?
- CPU: Marvell 88W8510-BAN ARM processor
- Ethernet: Marvell 88E6060-RCJ
- RAM: 2 x V54C316162VCT6 chips, 4MB RAM total
- Flash: 26LV800TTC-55
Boxes with similar hardware
- Airlink 315w+ : It seems to have an eCos kernel.
- Hawking HWR54G: Uses the same cpu/ethernet chips with a flash and two memory, not sure of the os...
Belkin F5D7230-4, FCC K7SF5D7230A: same cpu/ethernet/flash/ram, no idea about the os yet
Stock Firmware has basic AP functionality with addition of WPA/WPA2 Personal. No client bridging or WDS. Downloadable versions are compressed using the same "aDmBlK=" scheme as the Netgear WGR614v1.
It's new. We're checking out what this will run.