Other Webpages of Interest:
(http://www.andrewhakman.dhs.org/wap11) - possibly the most extensive unified source of WAP-11 related stuff on the web
(http://www.andrewhakman.dhs.org/Yagi) - possibly the only 15dbi Yagi design copied from a commercial antenna with exact measurements
(http://www.andrewhakman.dhs.org/bdnwirelessold) - old pictures of the city wide wireless network project I started. - maybe some new pictures to follow soon.
Personal timeline outlining major projects to date
- Networking my house - started 1994, evolves continuously
- Building my own wireless Ethernet using the FM Band - never got beyond the thought stage - 1997
Building Glenn Elmore's (N6GN) 2Mbit 10Ghz Microwave Data Link (http://www.sonic.net/~n6gn/uwavelink/uwv.html) - actually etched the pcb and started collecting parts, but couldn't get them all anymore - referred to John Miles' project by Glen. - 1997 or 1998
Building John Miles' (KE5FX) 10GHz 10Mbps data link (http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx/#uwave) - Decided, with John's help, that without the right microwave test gear, maybe a better first wireless / Ghz project would be better off using prebuilt hardware. Referred to Symphony Modification Project - 1998/1999.
Proxim Symphony modification project (http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/). Actually bought and modified 2 Proxim Symphony cards. Only had poor homemade antennas at that time though. 1999/2000
Discovered SeattleWireless, and the world of 802.11b. Started off with some Lucent Bronze cards, and some 15dbi parabolic antennas, and the fun began. - 2000
- Constructed and designed software for home made parallel processor, originally built from 15 386's, and later from 20 486's. My machine was a SIMD (single instruction, multiple data) and calculated, and displayed in real time the Mandelbrot Fractal. Won at the local Science Fair, and Went to the Canada Wide Science Fair. Won a Bronze metal in Senior Computing and Mathematics, and a month-long all expenses paid trip to the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel for the Summer Youth program. Worked on a project dealing with the use of holograms in Dense Wave Division Multiplexing for fiber optic networks. Parallel Processor - 2000, Canada Wide Science fair and summer trip - 2001.
- Proposed, planned, and implemented a city wide wireless network myself for the university I go to. - 2001 and ongoing.
- Finding interesting things to use a city wide wireless network for - VoIP, Streaming TV etc. - 2002 and ongoing.
Wiki Pages of Interest: